This is a hands on course that covers all the basics you will need to start brewing your own delicious ale at home. You will be guided throughout the day on the simplest and easiest ways to make beer at home from the raw ingredients of malt, hops, water and yeast.
Learn about all the equipment you need to get started, learn a simple beginner’s recipe and learn about the raw ingredients and how to use them.
Discover the science behind brewing and the fermentation process plus how to package your beer and avoid any problems that might come up. There will be plenty of time to ask questions and you will leave the day with 4 bottles of beer ready to drink made to the exact same recipe you will be using throughout the day course.
Next Level Home Brewing Course.
Have you ever wanted to up your brewing game and make craft beer like a professional? Then why not learn from a professional brewer? In this one-day course you’ll learn how to create your own high-quality beers at home from Mad Cat’s very own in-house brewer, including:
– How to use a traditional three-vessel brewing system at home – similar to the one used in our brewery – with interactive, practical demonstrations
– How to design your own beer recipes from scratch
– Mastering the techniques and ingredients required to brew different beer styles
– Delving deeper into the science behind brewing
– Knowing your IBUs from your alpha acids, and your roasted barley from your crystal malt
– Learning the skills needed to take your brewing to the next level
There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions and seek advice throughout the course, and you will leave with four bottles of beer made to the exact same recipe used on the day.
Please note that this course requires some basic understanding and experience of home brewing. If you have never brewed beer before, we strongly advise that you take our “Introduction to Home Brewing” course first.